This is Polyamide 6 with heat stabiliser and is blue in colour. The heat stabilisation reduces the oxidation and the molecular degradation at high temperatures, in order to extend the lifetime of the material at high temperatures. Whilst retaining the general features of PA6 G it's easier to machine and U.V. ray resistance is better than that of the natural product. As with all the cast nylon products, it is weatherproof and has good resistance at low temperatures.
• Resistance to heat: better than natural PA6
• Tensile stress and compressive strength: same as Omniamid G, whilst the shock resistance is higher, the fatigue resistance is more elevated
• Self-lubricating: the friction coefficient is low
• Ageing resistance: weatherproof and good resistance at low temperature.
• It is resistant to alkali, inorganic compounds and solvents.
• It is hygroscopic even if to a lower extent than natural PA6G. Because of the molecular structure, large-sized cast pieces have better quality than those of small dimensions.
• It can't be used in contact with food.
• Use in the electrical field is to be avoided as the electrical properties change with the change of moisture content.
Thanks to its excellent self-lubricating property, high shock resistance and compressive strength, together with the possibility to produce large-sized parts, it is widely used to produce:
• Anti-wear guides.
Because of its excellent abrasion resistance it is used for:
• Gear wheels.
• Guide bearings.
• Sliding bearings.
In the building of parts for:
• Construction machines.
In the shipbuilding industry its better weather resistance makes it suitable for:
• Sliding guides,
In cable-car systems its uses include:
• Sliding blocks.